Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Functions with lower/mixed case tags ignored

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bferullo Posted - Aug 09 2011 : 1:21:52 PM
Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere and I've missed it.

Our codebase consists of some files in a proprietary language that resembles C++ enough that VA X mostly works fine. Some functions in this language are tagged "latent" or "nonlatent", which appears to prevent VA X from properly parsing them.

In headers, the navigation dropdown omits those functions and using Alt-G on the definition fails to jump to the implementation. In implementation files, the nav dropdown shows just "latent" and "nonlatent" in place of the function names (and uses the standard "class" icon instead of the "method" icon).

I've tried #defining the keywords to nothing in StdAfx.h to no effect. As a side note, I've also set them up as keywords in a usertype.dat as described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zy61y8b8%28VS.71%29.aspx

I seem to be able to repro the problem with any lower-case function tags, as in the following:

tmp.h:
class foobar
{
static void foo();
static void bar() blah; // does not appear in navigation
static void bar2() BLAH; // DOES appear in navigation
};

Is there some crucial step I'm missing?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 13 2012 : 9:22:30 PM
Unfortunately no progress on this yet. This is still in our list of bugs to fix, the trick is to fix subtle problems like this without breaking something else. This thread will be updated when this is fixed.
leoz Posted - Sep 13 2012 : 10:16:23 AM
Any news about this? I'm also waiting on this fix.

Thanks for any info!
bferullo Posted - Aug 09 2011 : 4:31:40 PM
Thanks for the update! :)
accord Posted - Aug 09 2011 : 4:16:45 PM
No, I'm afraid, you did everything in the right way, it should work, but it doesn't. I was able to reproduce the problem and have put in a bug report for this:

case=59265

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000