Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 How to enable CUDA Support?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Harald Krause Posted - Jun 26 2024 : 7:24:13 PM
I installed the latest VA, but there is no CUDA support. How can I enable it?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 05 2024 : 07:37:05 AM
That makes sense. I think the reason this wasn't done before is that the feature has not long left Beta, and you probably don't want Beta features enabled by default

I have put in a feature request for this:

case=164696

But even if done, we won't know if the setting is turned off due to the old default, or because you want it turned off, when upgrading an existing install, so this will probably only effect new installs.
Harald Krause Posted - Jul 01 2024 : 5:06:02 PM
If its enabled by default, and a user does not have any .cu files it just does nothing.... So no problem for them.
feline Posted - Jul 01 2024 : 07:39:29 AM
I am fairly sure most of our users aren't working with CUDA, so why enable this by default? I accept there are going to be different answers here for different people, but I do see an argument for not enabling something most people won't use by default.
Harald Krause Posted - Jun 28 2024 : 2:10:49 PM
Seems to have worked. Should be enabled by default tough...
feline Posted - Jun 27 2024 : 08:51:47 AM
Can you please try turning On the option:

VA Options -> Game Development -> Enable support for CUDA files (requires restart)

and then restarting Visual Studio, for this setting to take effect. Does this enable it for you?

If not, can you please give details about what IDE, version of VA you are using, and what file extension you are working in.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000