Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Go to Defintion downside

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Predelnik Posted - Jul 04 2014 : 05:12:29 AM
Not sure that it's easy-to-fix kind of thing, but I just wanted to let you know. There's case when default Visual Studio "Go to Defintion" works better than VAX one.

It's happening in the case when enum values are generated through macro. As an example I use one from http://home.comcast.net/~tom_forsyth/blog.wiki.html

#define TrainState_XXYYTable                   \	XX(TrainState_Stuck) YY(=0),           \	XX(TrainState_Going),                  \	XX(TrainState_Waiting),                \	XX(TrainState_Stopped),                \	XX(TrainState_count)

#define XX(x) x
#define YY(y) y
enum TrainState
{
    TrainState_XXYYTable
};
#undef XX
#undef YY

#define XX(x) #x
#define YY(y)
const char *TrainState_Name[] =
{
    TrainState_XXYYTable
};
#undef XX
#undef YY

With code like this after writing TrainState_Stuck in code VAX "go to defintion" refuses to go back to enum defintion.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 08 2014 : 10:47:32 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=83582

Another partial work around is to use VA's Find References on the macro TrainState_XXYYTable, to help you locate its definition, but in this case using the IDE's Go To Definition command is probably quicker and easier.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000