VAX Highlighting missing when using perforce
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

darkZ

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  2:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am using the latest version of Perforce (2014.1/821990) with the latest VAX build (10.8.2029.0 ) in VS2013 on Windows 8.1. When I open projects not included in Perforce workspace I get full highlighting support however for perforce workspace projects I get no VAX highlighting, but just the standard VS highlighting. It does work sometimes but it disappears after a few seconds. Other VAX functionality is working fine. My perforce workspace is in my documents directory ( C:\\users\\***\\Documents\\Unreal Projects ).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
darkZ

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  3:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please try the following to see if it helps? Sometimes the coloring priority can get screwed up.

Start Visual Studio
Using Visual Studio Extension Manager, Disable Visual Assist X (Tools -> Extension and Updates...)
Restart Visual Studio
Exit Visual Studio
Start Visual Studio
Using Visual Studio Extension Manager, Enable Visual Assist X
Restart Visual Studio

Alternatively, you can try disabling the below setting, so you will always see Visual Assist's colorization:

Tools -> Options... -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> Disable Semantic Colorization
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  11:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does VS2013 know that you are working with a solution from Perforce?

I have installed the Perforce server, P4V, and VS2013 extension into a Windows 8.1 machine here, and I have added a VS2013 solution to Perforce, so it is checked in, and so far I am not seeing any problems when I open this checked in solution in VS2013.

Having said that, I am not seeing any signs of Perforce in VS2013 at all. Perforce is listed in the:

IDE tools menu -> Extensions and Updates...

dialog, but thats it. I am not seeing any menu entries, or new windows. So there is no sign so far that Perforce is active in VS2013, which might be why I am not seeing the problem.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

darkZ

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  11:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just downloaded the latest beta version and so far I am yet to see the problem again. I will let you guys know and try the first possible solution suggested if I run into it again. Many thanks !
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  11:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the update, and I am glad this is now working for you. If the problem comes back again, it might be worth going into:

IDE tools menu -> Extensions and Updates...

and disabling Visual Assist. This will require restarting VS2013. After this restart, enable VA in the same dialog. Since upgrading fixed this, its possible disabling and enabling will have the same effect, and will get things working again.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000