Malwarebytes False Positive?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wdolson

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  05:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have Malwarebytes installed on both of the computers I use for development and both flagged Visual Assistant as having a trojan in several files associated with visual Assistant. Enclosed is a screen shot from one machine.

The other machine only had three detections, but they were in the same locations. It looks to me like the latest version of their database is flagging VA_X.dll as having a virus.

I suspect this is a false positive since it just happened after a database update and only found the virus in the VA_X.dll file.

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  11:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The build 2048 version of VA_X.dll was scanned by VirusTotal.com. Its analysis is here:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a13ebc5f9cdd4c8f937e2c49d7c5631df67137533e9dd81815da8b89f0e36608/analysis/

We will file a false positive report with Malwarebytes.
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  11:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They already have it fixed:
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/159348-visual-assist-va-xdll-false-positive/

Edited by - sean on Oct 22 2014 7:04:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

wdolson

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  6:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick response.

Not only this came up yesterday, but I also applied the latest updates to Windows 7 yesterday and it broke something in SP1 on VS 2010. The program started reporting that SP1 was not installed and it took several tries to get it reinstalled. It may have been a fluke from something else, but I'm just putting this out there in case anyone else sees any problems with VS 2010 after an update to Windows.

Thanks again,
Bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000