Visual Studio 2013 Formatting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jacobi

23 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  12:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Our studio recently switched to 2013 and while they have added some nice new formatting options, it seems like some abilities have been lost. I am not sure if these were features we were relying on Visual Assist that no longer work, or if they just introduced new bugs into 2013.

Right now the one I'm banging my head against is bad auto formatting when pasting block-style comments. If I have a comment like this:
/*
 * Block
 * Style
 * Comment
 */

Then copy and paste it, the leading spaces are removed:
/*
* Block
* Style
* Comment
*/

This is highly annoying as we have a block style comment at the top of every file in our code base.

The auto-extend multiline comments and format after paste options in VAX don't seem to effect this bug. Is this something VAX use to handle but VS broke? Or just broke in general with 2013?

Thanks for your help,
-John

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  3:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This happens even with VA disabled. The good news is that Ctrl-Z, undo, will undo the formatting of the comment block, so you are back to the formatting you wanted.

Generally VA asks the IDE to do the formatting if you have format on paste turned on, since the IDE has various options for formatting, so you can set the formatting how you want.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000