Technical Support
 VS 2005 C# auto completion errors
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mac

2 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2005 :  11:31:21 AM  Show Profile
I just installed the new VA X version 10.1.1418.0. I am using VS 2005 Pro. version 8.0.50727.42.

When I try to use the tab key to insert a suggestion it inserts something totally wrong. This is from the color suggestion box. I have noticed also that the "tool tip" txt message is wrong for the selection in the "color" suggestion box.

Here is a detailed example:

When I try to create a new instance of SesRxMsg

SesRxMsg rxMsg = new SesRxMsg();

The grey suggestion box pops up as I try to type the first SesRxMsg. I tab and it works correctly.
When I get to the second SesRxMsg, the color selection box pops up. It shows SesRxMsg selected but when I hit the tab, it inserts something wrong. ie "ServicePointManager".

When I disable VA X, intellisense works fine. In the above example, I get the expected "SesRxMsg" inserted.

Thanks

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2005 :  6:08:18 PM  Show Profile
i presume that "SesRxMsg" is one of your own classes. the IDE is not suggesting it for me, and i got no hits from google.

does this only happen with this class? does it happen with a built in class, something that i can try to reproduce here?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Mac

2 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  07:22:48 AM  Show Profile
SesRxMsg() is my own class.

I failed to mention that I was also running an instance of Visual Studio 2003 when this was occuring.

The problem seems to be gone now.
After I rebooted my machine, the problem disapeared. I have not seen this problem since the reboot.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2005 :  5:05:11 PM  Show Profile
odd. i would not expect the two IDE's to interact at all, let alone like this. hopefully this will not re-occur.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000