Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2022 :  11:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are currently unable to reproduce this ourselves, which is not helpful. Previously we had no problems reproducing this here.

Which OS are you using?

Did you find time to test this in a test profile? I am wondering if somehow this could be profile specific, which would suggest there is another factor at work here, which would explain why we are having problems reproducing this here.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

KRG

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2022 :  10:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm on the latest Win11, latest VS and latest VAX. I'll try to do a superluminal capture and figure out what VAX calls are causing the issue
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2022 :  11:01:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our developer with the high refresh rate monitor is also running the latest Windows 11, so its not as simple as the OS. For profiling this, can you please try the following, perhaps in addition to superliminal, which I am not familiar with:

- have an instance of visual studio running which you can reproduce in, sounds like any and all instances
- start a separate instance of visual studio
- start debug > performance profiler
- choose running process as your target, and select the first devenv.exe process you will reproduce in
- check cpu usage under available tools
- click start
- reproduce the issue for several seconds in the other ide
- click stop collection
- optionally note the start and stop times of your reproduction so we can narrow our search
- save the diagnostic report using file > save *.diagsession as...

can you please upload the result, which should be quite a large file, and post or send the link. If you don't want to post it here, just in case it contains any sensitive information, please send me the link via:

[email protected]

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

Go to Top of Page

KRG

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2022 :  11:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So after updating to 17.4.1, I cant reproduce the issue. I'm now getting a general slowdown when using the advanced clipboard from VAX but I need to verify if that actually is a VAX issue or just VS. The 17.4 release has had some issues.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2022 :  11:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the update, its certainly possible then that the update has had an effect here. For the advanced clipboard, you mean Ctrl-Shift-V for the clipboard history? Assuming you do, how many items do you have this set to show? The menu is appearing instantly for me in VS2022 17.4.0 with VA 2463.0

The clipboard history menu is still appearing instantly for me now I have upgraded to VS2022 17.4.1

This is with the menu set to show 10 items, in case that matters.

Go to Top of Page

KRG

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2022 :  1:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not a matter of it appearing, it's that after I pasted, I have some severe lag for several seconds. I'll try to make profile today and see what's going on.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000