New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joerg
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  07:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear WholeTomato

After almost 15 years of using VAX (I'm used to it in a way I feel a VS without it is broken), our ways will part here.

I recommend VAX to many colleagues, customer and friends. I dare to say I made WholeTomato sell dozens of VAX licenses based on my recommendations.

The last time I renewed my license, I already almost gave up with the new License server thing. Now my subscription has expired some months ago, but I did have much coding to do. But started to work at a new project recently, so I wanted to renew my license.
In addition to they big price increase, WholeTomate now wants to back date my subscription renewal to the date the last one ran out. So I shall pay for a year of subscriptions of which almost one third is already over. I for sure will not do this.
WholeTomato sales offered me some price reduction, but refused to stop backdating my subscription renewal. Further, it's a license for a VS plugin, not a new car. I use many tools, and I can't invest time to renew licenses. It has to go fast and immediate.
As it is of course up to WholeTomato resp. its new owner to decide on their subscription and renewal policies, our ways part here. I loved to use VAX for almost 15 years, it was very nice as long as it last.

I probably from time to time will check back to see if WholeTomato turns back to policies working for me and if yes probably consider a renewal.

So long
Joerg, a loyal ex-Customer and ex VAX "Evangelist"

MichaelH

10 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  10:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel your pain.

I am in a similar situation, our subscription expired a good while back (we renewed in early 2018 and kinda forgot to do it again at the start of this year). I pushed heavily for Visual Assist when I first joined our company (over five years ago), even paid for my first license out of my own pocket as I did not want to miss such a good tool (we had it at my previous company) before we got the normal licenses for our team. Hell I've even got blurb on the WholeTomato homepage.

Now, well, I honestly don't know what to do. If we renew now we pay 120$ per license for essentially half a year of subscription (instead of 79$ per license for a full year) That kinda feels wrong - I feel (at least for the management & the sales department, support staff here at are still working hard) we are more like cattle, involved in a game of getting the maximum amount of milk for the minmum amount of moo. So I must sadly admit I stopped pushing my team lead for a renewal.

Edited by - MichaelH on Sep 05 2019 11:04:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  01:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're sorry to see you go, but entirely understand your reasoning.
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  4:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After discussing your posts with management, it seems there are some options they can discuss with you. If you are interested, please send mail to [email protected].
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000