vs2017 menu bar does not display
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

longxr

Hong Kong
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2023 :  06:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will use VS2017 and VS2022 at the same time. The menu bar of VS2022 can be displayed normally, but not in VS2017. How can I use it on VS2017?

2017 menu bar

2022 menu bar

I confirmed that I installed version 10.9.2491.0 to VS2017 and VS2019, the extension menu can be seen

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2023 :  07:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you open the VA Options dialog in VS2017? Is there any sign that VA is actually active and working in VS2017?

The simplest explanation for the missing toolbar is that Visual Assist isn't loading. But if it isn't loading then I would not expect the VAssistX menu to show up, so I am wondering if the menu is showing, but nothing is actually working.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

longxr

Hong Kong
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2023 :  09:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the reason. When I tried to delete the directory, the system prompted me that the folder C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_73ad38c5 was occupied, which was caused by the evernote.exe. After I closed the exe and deleted the floder C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_73ad38c5, it can be used normally after reinstalling.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2023 :  07:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like you might have had a problem with your profile, but deleting the directory will have reset the profile, thus fixing the problem.

Thank you for the update, I am glad this is fixed, even if it took somewhat extreme measures to fix it.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000