VAX 2440_0 has Crashed In Win7 Pro X64 VS2022
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liqiao

China
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  04:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Visual Assist 2440_0 has Crashed In Win7 Pro X64 VS2022!!!.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  06:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which version of Windows 7 are you using?

Does this always happen, or does it seem random?

Are you seeing this crash when you try to do something on this screen, or does the crash just happen without you needing to do anything?

Have you used earlier versions of Visual Assist on this machine? I am wondering if this is a new problem with this build of VA, or if it has happened before.

Which version of Visual Studio 2022 are you using?

To be able to load the IDE while we look into this, can you please close all instances of the IDE and then run the command:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Professional\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /RootSuffix VATest

this will create and load a new, default profile for Visual Studio, so you will be asked which basic settings you want to use, and you should only have the standard, default IDE extensions installed. Visual Assist will not be installed into this profile, so you should not have any problems loading the IDE and your solution.

To load your normal, default profile just load the IDE normally. To return to this test profile again, pass the /RootSuffix command line switch when loading the IDE. You can run both profiles at the same time, next to each other. In VS2019 and VS2022 the profile name will be shown just under the close button, in the top right hand corner of the main IDE window. If you export your IDE settings from your main profile you can them import them into the test profile.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

leecn
Starting Member

Hong Kong
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2022 :  8:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having the same problem,my operating system is win7 ultimate X64bit and visual studio is Enterprise 2022 (64bit) version is 17.0.4.
Go to Top of Page

liqiao

China
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2022 :  12:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Which version of Windows 7 are you using?
A: Win7 Professional(64 bit) 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Does this always happen, or does it seem random?
A:Always happen,
Are you seeing this crash when you try to do something on this screen, or does the crash just happen without you needing to do anything?
A:Don't need to do anything.
Have you used earlier versions of Visual Assist on this machine? I am wondering if this is a new problem with this build of VA, or if it has happened before.
A:I have tried the three versions of 2420,2435,2440, which have this problem
Which version of Visual Studio 2022 are you using?
A:Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2022 (64 bit) 17.0.4.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2022 :  11:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies for this, I am seeing the same problem here, and we have some ideas as to what is going wrong here, and are working on it:

case=147603

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2022 :  1:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone seeing this know about loading the IDE in safe mode, which stops extensions from being loaded? This will allow you to disable or uninstall VA in VS2022 until we have a fix for this problem:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Professional\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /SafeMode

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000