New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zivshek

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2019 :  11:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2333.0 built 2019.05.04

I've had this issue for a long time, and finally I would like to address it today.

As you could see in the gif, the inline keyword has focus, while unsigned doesn't, and VA asks me to use Down Arrow to select, which is so annoying. This actually happens in many builds, not just the one I'm using. I found a doc page (https://docs.wholetomato.com/?W350) saying there is a Registry entry that can force the autoselection to happen, but I couldn't find it (ListboxSelectionStyle). How can I possibly solve this, please and thank you, it's annoying as shit.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2019 :  07:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies for the confusion. The registry value is not created by default, so if you want to set this setting you first need to create a new value of type REG_DWORD, and then set this to "2" to tell VA to always give suggestions focus, even when VA thinks you are creating a new variable name.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

zivshek

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2019 :  10:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you feline, it worked! I am so much more productive now.

quote:
Originally posted by feline

Apologies for the confusion. The registry value is not created by default, so if you want to set this setting you first need to create a new value of type REG_DWORD, and then set this to "2" to tell VA to always give suggestions focus, even when VA thinks you are creating a new variable name.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000