VA not giving option to implement function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelby

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2019 :  5:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is probably a stupid user problem, which may mean I'm just a stupid user, but please help:

Working with VA in VS2017, when I clicked on a declaration for a function that had not been implemented, I got the tomato drop-down menu that allowed me to implement the function, and if I clicked that option, it would take me over to the .cpp file with a new barebones function definition in place. I liked that better than the Intellisense light bulb, which also allowed me to implement but did so through an annoying window to the .cpp that would pop up in the middle of my .h file. I don't want windows to the .cpp; I want to be immediately teleported to the .cpp when I tell it to implement. So, the tomato was great.

Now, using VA in VS2019, the tomato doesn't appear when I click on a non-implemented function. Instead, I get something that looks like a paint brush and that behaves just like the light bulb did in VS2017, which is not what I want. I have looked through the VA settings trying to find a setting I can change to get the tomato back, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Kelby

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2019 :  5:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This might be a problem with our integration in VS2019 where the tomato is underneath (in z-order) the VS button. Try using alt+shift+q to open the VA quick action menu. Does the display the Create Implementation command in your case?
case=136078
Go to Top of Page

Kelby

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2019 :  8:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, that gives me the correct drop-down menu. It does seem the VS button is on top of your button so I can't see the tomato, but the shortcut does provide the functionality. I would love to get the tomato back, though!

Kelby
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2019 :  9:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do intend to fix it. In the meantime, an alternate workaround (aside from the alt+shift+q command) is to enable one of the mouse click commands on the Mouse page of the VA Options dlg. For example, you could assign Alt+Left-Click to VA Context Menu. That menu is a super-set of the alt+shift+q menu.
Go to Top of Page

Kelby

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2019 :  9:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I can live with it until you fix.

Kelby
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2019 :  3:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=136078 is fixed in build 2341
https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W404#2341
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic