Ability to stop listboxes from closing via Alt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kcbanner

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2018 :  11:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I currently use a set of keybinds (via autohotkey) to turn alt-(ijkl) into the equivalent arrow keys, this is similar to Emacs style.

I can use this scheme to navigate the text editor fine, but when a listbox for a suggestion appears, I have to use the normal arrow keys to navigate it as pressing alt immediately dismisses the list box.

Is it possible to add an option that would prevent this behavior, so that listboxes could be navigated in this manner?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2018 :  12:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you familiar with, or ever used Vim? I ask because quite a few of our users use one of the Vim like extensions to make the IDE behave like Vim, and as I recall, Vim uses these movement keys as well. But it does it via movement mode and editing mode, so you don't have to use alt at the same time.

As for mapping keyboard shortcuts with Alt, personally I try to avoid this, because the IDE menu bar can change depending on the open file type, so the Alt letters that are "trapped" by the menu bar change as you change files. I take it you have never run into this problem yourself?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000