Wildcard / Regex hiding of VA Hashtags
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stub

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  03:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use VA Hashtags fairly widely here. Some common patterns have emerged with our developers, but they clutter the VA Hashtags view. I was just reading the latest release notes and the mention of "Rules for hiding VA Hashtags..." reminded me of something one of our guys here mentioned:

While we can hide a specific tag, he wondered about hiding tags that match a pattern e.g. #ABC* to match #ABC12345 and #ABC09876. Perhaps even regular expression support too, though wildcards would suit us well initially.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18727 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  10:37:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This makes a lot of sense, and I have put in a feature request for this to see what our developers make of it:

case=118279

For now, are you aware that you can hide hashtags by file, directory and project? This offers another way of limiting the tags that are being shown, but I don't know how helpful this will be for you.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2018 :  1:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also note that the hashtag toolwindow supports negative filtering. You could put -abc in the edit control at the top of the window. It is a static field whose content persists after restart.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000