Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Bugs in latest version I've seen... (Beta)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Breany

8 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  12:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a few little bugs I've seen in the latest version..

Code Inspection

Inconsistently, the replacing constructor with "= default" psuedo-fails. The constructor body is filled with a lot of Var=Val; lists, and it incorrectly says that it can be replaced with = default. This is minor, since when it tries the replacement it finds code in the body and doesn't do the replacement.

Source Links

The "GitHub" issue navigation is almost, but not quite, incompatible with GitLab. It correctly generates MOST of the URL, but incorrectly parses the URL from Git.
For instance, the URL to the repository is http://MyGitServer:8080/Group/Project, it will generate the URL link http://MyGitServer/Group/Project/issues/$(Value)
This is almost correct, except it dropped the port number from the URL.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  2:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Code inspection, when you are getting these false positives, is the constructor in the .h file, the .cpp file, or both?

I am wondering if there is any pattern to when this goes wrong. I cannot reproduce this here with a simple test case, so it's not always going wrong with constructors.

Source links, could you post the settings you are using in SourceLinks for this please? For the default GitHub rule in VA 2223, I am not able to edit the URL that is going to be used to add the port number you are listing in your post.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Breany

8 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2017 :  10:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I apologize for not reading the bug reporting guidelines prior to submitting this. The Constructor/destructor issue seems to be known and well reported already by others... so I'll consider that taken care of! :)

As for the GitHub/GitLab rule, First check the "Enable Source Links", then select "GitHub Issue Navigation" then select "Enabled", the plugin for GitHub Configure then enables. Click Configure, and see that the default repository location is "Try to obtain from solution <git.exe remote get-url origin>"
Checking this command outputs the following:
http://MyGitServer:8080/Group/Project.git

and it parses this to the resulting url:
http://MyGitServer/Group/Project/issues/$(Value)

It gets the server and location right, but it drops the port number (Which is required or the links won't work)
At this point I can manually change the URL to the correct location, but it should be able to recognize and preserve the port in the URL.

VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2223.0 built 2017.06.22
DevEnv.exe version 14.0.25420.1 Professional
msenv.dll version 14.0.25425.1
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  07:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have had several reports of bugs with Code Inspection and constructors being converted to '= default' and are actively working on these, and are fixing them as we find them, so this should get better in the next release or two.

Thank you for the clear steps, I was not enabling the GitHub entry in the Source Links settings, which is why I could not configure it. Obvious when you realise what you are doing wrong I am seeing the same problem here, and I have put in a bug report for this:

case=109746

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  01:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=109746 is fixed in build 2231
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic