New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dodudo7
Ketchup Master

Israel
55 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  5:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that it can be helpful to have an option to exclude directories from being parsed, the same way as in the Visual Assist Options, there is the C/C++ Directories option to add directories (stable and other).
The reason I find this request useful is because there are links between directories, and the same code is now offered from two locations.

Thanks!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  09:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not understand these links between directories. What sort of links?

Have you considered setting:

VA Options -> Projects -> C/C++ Directories -> Platform

to custom and then setting just the directories you want VA to know about and parse?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

illone

5 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  5:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can set up a scenario.

I have folder named "....\\Native Code\\Third Party\\Shared Projects". In it I put all Third Party SDK sources in sub folders. I have one SDK that is a problem (JUCE). Why its a problem is a different issue; but I explain that at the end. If I could exclude a folder then I wont have to list each 3rd Party SDK separately and/or keep Juce in a different folder.

The problem with JUCE.
(It defines a bunch of common classes [Array, Line, etc...] in .h / .cpp files. But it has one entry header file and only this header file is to be included in your code.

It defines the JUCE namespace in this one entry header file that wraps all the #includes to the other files. When VAssist parses the files in this SDK, it doesn't see any namespaces; so what happens is I have all these common classes defined at global namespace. I have other classes, in namespaces mind you, that use the same common names; and when a instance is created of, say, Other::Array class, I get intellisense for both Juce's and the Other's Array class.)
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  3:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately VA does not have a built in method for excluding directories. Normally the issue we have is getting VA to find and parse more code, not less.

Do you have a lot of 3rd party SDK's to list? Are you aware that you can paste several paths at once into VA's C/C++ directorys list, to make entering the paths quicker and easier.

For the Juce library, if you type:

juce::

is VA listing classes from the juce namespace?

I have downloaded Juce to have a look, and what seems to be the main header file, "juce.h", ends with the line:

using namespace juce;

which may well be a factor in all of this.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000