Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

straightwaytek
Ketchup Master

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  12:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
It would be nice if many of the intellisense and other enhancements of Visual Assist X could be used in Microsoft Office. In particular I am thinking about the VBA programming side of Office and being able to take advantage of the many features that we know and love of Visual Assist X in Office VBA. What do you guys think?

Regards,

James Simpson
Straightway Technologies Inc.

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  2:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa!

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18938 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  11:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my first thought is "copy the Office VBA into the IDE and edit it there"

we have enough problems keeping up with VC6, VS2002, VS2003, VS2005 + all of the interesting plugin's people find and install as it is.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

straightwaytek
Ketchup Master

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  6:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again,
I understand that there are alot of different applications that you must ensure that your product (Visual Assist X) must take care of (including the expansive editions of Visual Studio). The only reason why I suggested it was because I tend to use the product Microsoft Access quite a bit, and it always comes up with the intellisense while I type away in VBA. However, I am so used to using your product that I will start typing short hand and using the abbrevations (something that I always use in Visual Studio with Visual Assist X). Is there anything that I can do to maybe change your mind with regards to this? I really believe that the Microsoft Office development community would benefit greatly with Visual Assist X as it removes repetition from a task.

Regards,

James Simpson
Straightway Technologies Inc.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18938 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  6:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i suspect a *really* large pile of money would help focus minds

the basic problem is one of resources, and the number of programs. if you look at office then which versions, and which programs? just in Office 2000 you get Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access. that can be viewed as the same as picking up 4 new IDE's!

it sometimes feels difficult to keep up with the bug reports we are already getting.

i agree that VA is incredibly useful, and easily missed, but it is easier said than done to implement it in another program.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  10:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We agree the functionality you suggest would be valuable but we're just too busy keeping up with the IDEs and features we have.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000