Feature Requests
 VA Find References: "member definitions" filter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sitnduck

47 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2024 :  09:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! I regularly use "VA Find References", and I'm really finding useful the ability to filter by write/commented/reference etc.

Quite a few times, I wish there was a filter by "variable definitions", to find only variables/member declarations that use this type.

On a large project, I'm finding that "references" is too vague of a filter, when I'm trying to find which classes say use a certain type of object. I don't know if it would be too much to restrict by "headers only" also.

Thanks again!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18961 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2024 :  11:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't turning off "Display read references" hide most of the results? I am assuming you are running the find on the type its self, so I would expect the results to be relatively helpful, unless you have a lot of casts in your code.

For header files, have you tried "Collapse File Nodes" in the context menu in Find References Results. Once you have done the collapse, it is much easier to see which file each block of results come from. You can then select the cpp lines (parent nodes) and simply press Delete to remove them from the results list, leaving you with just the results you want to focus on.

Then you can clone the results list, to make sure that this filtered list isn't overwritten by accident while you are still working with it.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000