I would like "Add missing cases" to add BEFORE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sitnduck

47 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2023 :  08:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!
Right now, I have a visual snippet that fills in a basic "default" case in a switch case.

"Add missing cases" is good to use afterwards, but it adds everything BELOW the default. I'm really used to having default to be the last thing of the bottom, so it would be nice to be able to add the cases above the default, as right now I need to copy paste it every time.

For that matter, I swear I've seen a place where once you feel and what is in the "switch(xxx)" (the xxx part), it would automatically generate all the cases. But in my new install is not doing that anymore. I'm not sure if this is IntelliSense or visual assist�

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18936 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2023 :  12:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Placing the missing cases above default is something we are thinking of doing:

case=91462

Surprisingly this hardly ever comes up, but now you have mentioned it, it does look odd.

I don't think VA has the ability to fill in the switch statement like you describe. Smart suggestions will suggest the members of the enum when you type "case " inside the switch statement. Or you can make an empty switch statement and then trigger "Add Missing Case Statements" on the empty switch statement to fill in all of the options.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000