New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Belaslav

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2019 :  09:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I was wondering if it would be possible to request the following feature: add a sort button in the VA Find References Results window. Whenever I change Git branches, and as a result have to refresh the reference search results due to line misalignment, I get those results in a completely random order every time. This hinders my work ability due to the need to analyze everything again from scratch. So something like Sort by Project Name and/or Sort Lexicographically would be really nice.

Thank you.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2019 :  09:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is something we are thinking about adding:

case=2402

For now, are you aware that if you select a line, or node (file / project) in the Find References Results window you can use Delete to remove this line or node from the results list, which will help you to narrow down the list of entries you are considering.

You can also do a Find inside the Find References Results list, pressing Ctrl-F with keyboard focus inside the results list will trigger this.

Add in the ability to clone the Find References Results list, so you can have two lists open at the same time, in two different Find References Results windows, this can be rather helpful. None of this is the same as sorting, but hopefully it will help.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Belaslav

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2019 :  03:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestions feline. I'm glad that there is already a plan in the works to implement this feature and I look forward to the time it's implemented.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000