New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StefanEgo
Ketchup Master

56 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  09:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I really like the new capability to share solution definitions for VAX' Source Links feature.
The one thing I'm missing however is to be able to set the credentials for the Jira plugin locally.

Note that (I guess this applies for practically most setups out there) usually a developer has a separate user account for Jira with a specific permission set up. (S)he would of course like to use the same credentials for the Jira source link integration.
As far as I understand it, this is atm not possible, if the Jira definition is set up as a shared solution definition.

Obviously we could implement a workaround by creating a shared Jira account and use this for the Source Link integration, but this is quite suboptimal to work with(especially in cases where we do not want to use the same permissions in Jira for everybody).

It would be great, if this feature request could be considered at some time.

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  11:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We did intend for the shared solution-defined link definitions to be used with a limited access account -- source links only uses the account to get info about a case to display in the tooltip, it does not edit the case. The idea was that only one user would need to maintain the link definition and plugin settings, then everyone on the team would benefit.

However, in 2316, we introduced the possibility to override the shared plugin settings with user plugin settings. It is not currently documented, pending further feedback.

The per-user solution-defined plugin settings are stored in the slndir\.va\user\SourceLinks\PluginSettings directory. The UI does not support creation of a solution-defined user settings file, but if you copy the settings file from the slndir\.va\shared\SourceLinks\PluginSettings directory to the user directory, Source Links and the options UI will use the user settings instead of the ones in the shared directory. Right-click on a link definition in the options dlg to open File Explorer to solution settings files. Make sure to set the file to read-write in your user directory if it was read-only in the shared directory.

Edited by - sean on Feb 06 2019 1:35:28 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000