sticky "ignore all occurrences" per project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EdQ

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  11:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could we get a toggle-option to make "ignore all occurrences" sticky per project?

I'm forced to use an identifier in one project, one that I want to ignore, but only there: the red squiggle is too eye-catching�every time I see it, I re-parse it. (But the identifier is too close to a reserved word to let it 'escape' to pollute other projects, by adding it to the dictionary...)

Otherwise, have a local dictionary to go with the current, universal dictionary. (The end-result would be essentially the same.)

TxnEd

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  07:58:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you talking about a word in a comment, so something being picked up by VA spell checking, or a symbol in your code? Your description almost sounds like both, so I am not sure quite what you are looking for.

If this is a word in a comment, can you uppercase one of the letters in the middle of the word? VA will then assume this is a symbol name, and the spell checker won't underlined the word.

Alternatively, can you place a # at the start of the word in the comments, turning them into a VA Hashtag, which are also not underlined as spelling errors?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000