Feature Requests
 cant input chinese
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hotalice

7 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  11:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At about 01.06.2016 I upgraded my Visual Assist. VA's version is 10.9.2086.0. I found I can't input chinese . no mater what chinese I input it all show messy code. How can I do?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18727 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  2:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to need more details of what you are doing.

Which OS and IDE are you using?

Can you input Chinese into notepad?

What keyboard settings are you using to input Chinese?

Using Windows 7, I have gone into Region and Language, and added the keyboard:

Chinese (Simplified, PRC)
Chinese (Simplified) - US Keyboard

but when I switch to this keyboard, I still get English letters, there is no sign of any Chinese input, in both Visual Studio 2015 and notepad. So I may have picked the wrong keyboard to test.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

hotalice

7 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  9:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My os is Windows 10, and IDE is Visual Studio 2012.
I can input Chinese into notepad.
My keboard is "SouGou input method editor" (which IME made by a chinese company named Sougou )...and I also try Microsoft Pinyin IME to input chinese.It still show messy code.
There is a character that when I prohibit Visual Assist in VS2012 , input chinese will return to natural.

In addition,how can I upload a image of error information that I meet to this forum?
I found this forum only allow an external image url.

Thanks for your help.
quote:
Originally posted by feline

I am going to need more details of what you are doing.

Which OS and IDE are you using?

Can you input Chinese into notepad?

What keyboard settings are you using to input Chinese?

Using Windows 7, I have gone into Region and Language, and added the keyboard:

Chinese (Simplified, PRC)
Chinese (Simplified) - US Keyboard

but when I switch to this keyboard, I still get English letters, there is no sign of any Chinese input, in both Visual Studio 2015 and notepad. So I may have picked the wrong keyboard to test.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18727 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2016 :  10:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have now tested Windows 10, Visual Studio 2012, and VA 2086. So far I am not seeing any problems.

First I went into the Windows "Region & language" settings, and added the language "Chinese (Simplified, China)" and under the options for this language, I made sure I had the keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin"

From the language bar (by the clock) I then selected the keyboard Microsoft Chinese (Simplified, China) Microsoft Pinyin, Chinese Mode

In VS2012 I typed:

he fe lr

this seemed to enter the correct Chinese characters. It looks very similar to, if not identical to, what is entered into Notepad.

I then went to the website http://pinyin.sogou.com/
and downloaded their software. I installed it accepting all of the defaults, since I don't read Chinese, so did not know what to do.

I then used the language bar to select this Sogou keyboard, and I typed the same characters. Again this seemed to work correctly in VS2012.

This screen shot shows what I ended up with in VS2012:

am I doing the right tests?

To post an image, first press the "Reply to Topic" link. This opens a new page. Under the field where you write your reply, use the "Click to upload and insert an image" button. I hope this is clear and helps.

Go to Top of Page

hotalice

7 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  10:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great!thanks for your help.
I forgot to tell you I use VS2012 to develop asp.net.
So I input chinese in whatever HTML tags or HTML comments will be error showing like the imge below.
Please pay attention to the red circle in the image, it is the error showing.

In the second img ,there are some right chinese input and right showing, because when I input them i stop the visual assist service.

quote:

I have now tested Windows 10, Visual Studio 2012, and VA 2086. So far I am not seeing any problems.

First I went into the Windows "Region & language" settings, and added the language "Chinese (Simplified, China)" and under the options for this language, I made sure I had the keyboard "Microsoft Pinyin"

From the language bar (by the clock) I then selected the keyboard Microsoft Chinese (Simplified, China) Microsoft Pinyin, Chinese Mode

In VS2012 I typed:

he fe lr

this seemed to enter the correct Chinese characters. It looks very similar to, if not identical to, what is entered into Notepad.

I then went to the website http://pinyin.sogou.com/
and downloaded their software. I installed it accepting all of the defaults, since I don't read Chinese, so did not know what to do.

I then used the language bar to select this Sogou keyboard, and I typed the same characters. Again this seemed to work correctly in VS2012.

This screen shot shows what I ended up with in VS2012:

am I doing the right tests?

To post an image, first press the "Reply to Topic" link. This opens a new page. Under the field where you write your reply, use the "Click to upload and insert an image" button. I hope this is clear and helps.

Edited by - hotalice on Jan 20 2016 10:48:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18727 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  10:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please try making a new, default C# ASP.NET project, and see if you see the same problem there? I have done this, and I still cannot reproduce the problem.

How are you accepting the Chinese characters? I am pressing Space to accept them, maybe this is the key difference.

Go to Top of Page

hotalice

7 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  7:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After you told me yesterday , I tried to create a new ASP.NET null website. And I added a new web form term .And I accepted the Chinese characters with Space too. The problem also had been happened.Therefore now I put some img of each software's version.
Now I think perhaps the problem only happen in my computer . I have no idea to solve it.
1.SouGou input method version:

2:VS2012 version:

3:VA version:

quote:

Can you please try making a new, default C# ASP.NET project, and see if you see the same problem there? I have done this, and I still cannot reproduce the problem.

How are you accepting the Chinese characters? I am pressing Space to accept them, maybe this is the key difference.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18727 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2016 :  8:27:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am testing the same version of Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Assist. I don't know how to get the version of the Sogou keyboard, but the installer is called "sogou_pinyin_79a", so I have a similar version.

Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Can you please also send me your test solution, just in case there is a difference there.

Do you know if it is possible to export and then import the Sogou keyboard settings? I may have different settings here. But since I don't read Chinese it is hard for me to tell.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

If you look at:

IDE Tools menu -> Extensions and Updates...

what extensions are listed on you system? On a full install of VS2012 Update 5 with VA I have the following extensions listed:

Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows 8.1
Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows Phone 8.1 XAML
Microsoft AST.NET and Web Tools
NuGet Package Manager
Visual Assist
Visual Studio Extensions for Windows Library for JavaScript
Workflow Manager Activities

Different extensions could be a factor.

Go to Top of Page

hotalice

7 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2016 :  8:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At first ,thanks for your replay.
I'm sorry , I forget to tell you an details that at before of this VA version, there was no problem when I input Chinese . One day the VA reminded me to upgrade itself. I did it
at the default prompt .Then the problem became.
Please don't think over if the SouGou play a role in the problem, because the problem will be happened with MicroSoft pinyin IME too , like the img below.

I have allready submitted my setting file about VA and IDE.And submitted a project file named testWebSite.
The following img is my extensions what are listed on my IDE.

quote:

I am testing the same version of Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Assist. I don't know how to get the version of the Sogou keyboard, but the installer is called "sogou_pinyin_79a", so I have a similar version.

Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Can you please also send me your test solution, just in case there is a difference there.

Do you know if it is possible to export and then import the Sogou keyboard settings? I may have different settings here. But since I don't read Chinese it is hard for me to tell.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

If you look at:

IDE Tools menu -> Extensions and Updates...

what extensions are listed on you system? On a full install of VS2012 Update 5 with VA I have the following extensions listed:

Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows 8.1
Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows Phone 8.1 XAML
Microsoft AST.NET and Web Tools
NuGet Package Manager
Visual Assist
Visual Studio Extensions for Windows Library for JavaScript
Workflow Manager Activities

Different extensions could be a factor.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18727 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2016 :  11:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the settings, I have finally been able to reproduce the problem here. Did this used to work correctly for you?

I have tried a couple of older versions of VA, and neither of those work correctly. I have the same problem in VA 2083, but in VA 2076 I just get a row of ? characters when typing Chinese. Chinese is entered correctly into other file types.

For now, have you considered excluding HTML files from VA via:

VA Options -> Projects and Files -> Extensions to ignore

https://wholetomato.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W372

This should fix the Chinese typing problem, but it depends on which file types you mainly work in, since this problem seems to be HTML specific. I have put in a bug report for this:

case=94724

Go to Top of Page

nfgch
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  06:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems this bug not fixed in build 10.9.2112.0 yet(case=94724).
I upgraded to VS2015 and VA 10.9.2112.0 recently , then I met same bug when input chinese or japanese characters in *.aspx files(and other file types in register key ExtAsp2). But if file extension changed to *.html or *.cs, non-english characters can be inputed correctly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000