Implement virtual method
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Adequat
Tomato Guru

182 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  08:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This feature is nice but it has a drawback that reduces its interest: you have to click on the class name to have "Implement virtual methods" available from the refactor menu. This means VA will insert the declarations to some random position (random from the user point of view). This means I have to do a cut/paste to move the declaration where they better fit.

However, it would be easy to have a solution to this: the "Implement virtual methods" function should be available in the menu *where* you click inside the class, and the declarations should be inserted there.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  8:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An interesting idea. In very broad terms this gives us two options, blank lines in between groups of functions, or on a member function name. I know there are other places, but hopefully we can agree to ignore keywords, parameters, etc.

Triggering the command on a blank line is simple enough, but what about when you trigger it on an existing function? Do the new functions go above or below?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Adequat
Tomato Guru

182 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  02:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
what about when you trigger it on an existing function? Do the new functions go above or below?

I would suggest: as when you press "return" at the start of a line in a text editor: the blank line is inserted before the existing line.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  11:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That makes sense, and I see the logic and appeal of this idea. I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of this:

case=85241

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000