Feature Requests
 Switch between .frag and .vert files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vertexwahn

35 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  4:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Visual AssistX allows to swich easily between a corresponding *.cpp and *.h file. When writing shaders for OpenGL we have *.vert files for vertex shaders and *.frag files for fragment shaders. Typically these files have the same name � for instance Font.vert and Font.frag. It would be cool if the switch between implementation and header file could be extended to work also to switch between *.vert and *.frag files.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  5:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are considering adding the ability to give VA extra pairs / groups of files to cycle through, but this is just an idea at this time:

case=64686

For now, if your IDE supports macros, you could use an IDE macro to do this, a sample macro is available here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W439

If you are using a newer IDE that does not support macros you might want to try this extension, that says it provides macros:

http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/deda8ac1-75e6-4068-89ab-b607cee38f2d

I have not used it myself, but it does look interesting, and it looks like it should allow you to use the Alt-O macro above.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

chrisaverage

Poland
20 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  08:28:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a nice idea and I would like to see that too. I just want to underline the "group" aspect of this (as feline hinted) with configurable cycle order, because with more advanced pipeline (geometry, tesseation and compute shaders) the list of extensions to cycle through is actually longer: .vert .tesc .tese .geom .frag .comp
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  10:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the update, I have put a note onto the case about this, it is useful to have a sense of what sort of groups you might want to handle. For now you may want to look into the IDE macro approach, since this will allow you to specify the groups and ordering yourself, and its a solution that is currently available.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000