Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pk_asw
Ketchup Master

Czech Republic
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2013 :  11:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
during typing, VAX shows Intellisense recommendation dialog, but it would be great (at least for me) if the items can be sorted by the most preferred ones, or by last usage. I mean, when I type "ret" and I see VAX dialog, I expert the first option will be "return" keyword (which I use frequently) and I press automatically Enter. However, it's not that case -- and I never called "ret" function in my all projects, so when I choose "return", VAX could learn that.

Thanks,
Petr

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2013 :  8:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Visual Assist sorts listbox items using various methods, like how far the symbol is from the caret in the file. We try to "predict" which symbol will you need. None of the automatic methods are able to generate 100% predictability though, since every file, every caret positions have different local symbols, member variables, and smart suggestions take symbol type into account, etc.

But I get the idea how typing a few characters and pressing enter with predictable result would be useful. In fact, we have a feature which can help here, but you need to set it up: it's called VA snippets. You can create any code "snippets" for any shortcut which are typed characters in the editor:
http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vasnippets.asp

The trick here is that Visual Assist always prefer VA snippets over anything else in the listbox, so say you can create snippets with "rt" and "rf" shortcuts to mean "return true;" and "return false;" respectively. It means that if you type rt<enter> you will get "return true;" which is a fast and reliable method. But you can use it for symbols or more complex snippets as well.

What do you think?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000