Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 [BUG] A rename bug with asian characters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

honeypie
New Member

3 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  05:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using 10.7.1918, and I just found a bug when I am trying to rename a function with some Asian (Chinese/Japanese) characters before it in the same line. It will trigger "Visual Assist X failed to modify one or more files. The refactoring may not have completed successfully."

However, if I move the function to the second line, it works fine.

[rename is NOT working]
cout << "#20013;#25991;: " << s.getStr();

[rename is working]
cout << "#20013;#25991;: "
<< s.getStr();

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3277 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  2:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem.
Can you please create a new win32 test project to see if you can reproduce the problem there? If you can, would you please send it in? You can use this form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please include the URL of this topic in the description field.

Which Visual Studio version are you using?
Go to Top of Page

honeypie
New Member

3 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2012 :  4:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot! I am using vs2012 and I've just send a project via the form.

quote:
Originally posted by accord
Which Visual Studio version are you using?

Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3277 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  3:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the test project. I was able to reproduce the problem and put in a bug report for this:

case=71169

I had to change the Language for Non-Unicode programs from English to open the file with the correct characters though, for some reason...

Edited by - accord on Dec 11 2012 3:17:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

honeypie
New Member

3 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  3:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers mate!

quote:
Originally posted by accord

Thank you for the test project. I was able to reproduce the problem and put in a bug report for this:

case=71169

I had to change the Language for Non-Unicode programs from English to open the file with the correct characters though, for some reason...

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  4:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=71169 is fixed in build 2001.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2019 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000