Technical Support
 VAX 1432: Highlighting split planes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rsim

19 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  4:48:57 PM  Show Profile
This bug has been in VA for a very long time.. so I figure that I might as well finally mention in. :)

VA's handling of active and visible code windows isn't quite right - it seems to only apply highlighting to the currently active code window and not all code windows that are visible.

The easiest way to repo this is to just drag the horizontal split plane down - the bottom (existing) part will have correct highlighting and the top part will had no highlighting until you click in it to make it the new active code window.

The same issue will happen if you have two files open and visible via a vertical split, then close & reopen the solution. The non-active window will not have any highlighting until you click in it.

On a side note, could this be related to the (many) VA bugs I get? It's been suggested by others here that since I'm nearly the only one who uses split planes (and I'm *always* using them) and I'm also the only one who sees so many VA bugs, that it seems that it may be more than just a coincidence. Perhaps something to do with VA's tracking of what it is actively "seeing", and split planes mess this up?

Edited by - rsim on Dec 06 2005 8:43:00 PM

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2005 :  11:12:26 PM  Show Profile
The problem with coloring of split windows is known. We are considering of revamp of how we color to resolve this and other problems.

case=280

As for your other problems, we suggest reporting them in other threads. One problem per thread is best. Obviously, including steps to reproduce is a huge help, as is your build and IDE info.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000