Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Enhanced syntax coloring is ignored on C&P

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hfrmobile Posted - Dec 15 2010 : 2:28:32 PM
VA's Enhanced syntax coloring is ignored on Copy & Paste.

Sometimes it is necessary to Copy&Paste code snippets from VS to another application (e.g. MS Word, Windows Live Writer (Blogger app), Scribble Papers, ...) for some reason.

I have done this and recognized that "enhanced syntax coloring" from VA will be ignored and the VS colors are used instead.

Would be helpful for developers/bloggers etc. if this will be fixed. If you give the user the choice which syntax coloring to use would be make it perfect

See also:
- http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9846

--hfrmobile
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hfrmobile Posted - Apr 26 2013 : 05:39:54 AM
Thanks for the hint!

I am using a personal license only and support expired some time ago so I have to live without that nice feature ;-)
support Posted - Apr 25 2013 : 2:19:22 PM
case=71754 implements this functionality for VS2010 and later in build 1936.
feline Posted - Dec 20 2010 : 1:00:05 PM
An interesting thought, I have put a note onto the case about this, thank you.
hfrmobile Posted - Dec 17 2010 : 04:26:37 AM
Thank you for the information!

Maybe it would be easier for WT developers to implement an own "Copy" menu item (e.g. "VA Copy") and created their own HTML for the clipboard. Should be easier to do that rather than parsing the HTML code generated by VS. Just an idea ...
feline Posted - Dec 16 2010 : 12:51:00 PM
This is currently a known limitation. The IDE is placing HTML into the clipboard, which would then have to be parsed, and rewritten to apply our syntax highlighting, so it is not a quick and easy fix. We are considering doing this one day, but it is not currently a high priority:

case=170

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000