Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 RTF in clipboard doesn't work except in VC6

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dcsoft Posted - Jan 25 2010 : 2:14:41 PM
Hello, according to http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/rtf.asp, if you copy syntax highlighted text in Visual Studio, only Intellisense colors are used and not the enhanced Visual Assist ones. But the Visual Assist ones were used in VC6. This removes a valuable feature in the modern IDE's, IMHO, and I request you put it back.

I am preparing some documentation that I wanted to paste in RTF syntax-colored text from the IDE and it is showing up rather plain looking.

Thanks,
David
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Apr 25 2013 : 2:20:02 PM
case=71754 implements this functionality for VS2010 and later in build 1936.
dcsoft Posted - Jan 26 2010 : 12:47:32 PM
Thank you!
accord Posted - Jan 26 2010 : 12:45:19 PM
I've added your comments to the case.
dcsoft Posted - Jan 25 2010 : 4:13:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. If it is not feasible to use the Windows clipboard, could you not have a separate VAssist | Export command that would create a .html or .rtf file containing the syntax highlighted text? There's more than one way to skin this cat, it would seem.

Thanks,
David
accord Posted - Jan 25 2010 : 4:04:16 PM
We are considering doing this at some point, but it is fairly tricky in .NET versions due to some technical changes in the IDE:

case=170

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000