Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 "Add include" default to forward slash please

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kno Posted - Aug 25 2009 : 04:30:28 AM
When I use the (incredibly useful) "add include" feature, VA defaults to backslashes. This is inconvenient as the application I am developing is cross-platform any any compiler other than MSVC does not like backslashes as path separators at all.

If the file already contains includes with slashes, VS recognizes this and uses slashes as well. If there are no such includes in the file, VS uses backslashes. Since forward slashes are what the C++ standard defines and every compiler should accept these, I would suggest to change this behavior so that forward slashes are the default, or, better yet, to expose a setting for this. (Or am I just too stupid to find this setting? I am using build 1727.)

Additional info: This happens when the added include contains a relative path (#include "foo/bar.h") -- dunno whether this happens with angle bracket includes as well.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 24 2009 : 10:29:26 AM
case=31468 fixed in build 1734.

See this forum topic for directions:
http://docs.wholetomato.com?W337
sean Posted - Aug 25 2009 : 12:17:23 PM
I'm not sure how our users will respond to changing the default, but we can certainly make it user-definable. case=31468

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000