Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Create implementation refactoring (again)

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sinus Posted - Jul 06 2009 : 10:05:17 AM
Hi,

Searched the forum, but did not find the following suggestion for refactoring tool. Several times I create new methods just by using them first and implementing secondly, e.g.,
bool result = my_object.MyNewMethod(vector<int> my_vec);

Would be nice to be able just to choose "Implement" method from refactoring menu and have both declaration and empty definition done automatically. Now, I manually have to write proper declaration/definition and then choose "Create implementation/declaration" accordingly. Are there any plans related to such feature?

Thanks,

P.S.
BTW., VAX is really an awesome tool!!!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sinus Posted - Jul 07 2009 : 03:33:36 AM
Hi,

This is what I was looking for. It works for my first simple test! If I find any issues I would write to the relevant forum.

Thanks,
feline Posted - Jul 06 2009 : 1:24:48 PM
We are currently working on a command that does this. If you are running VA 1727 then see here for instructions on how to turn it on and use it:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8809

Please post any feedback on this new command to the public beta forum for now, so it is easier to keep track of.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000