Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Please support Visual Studio on ARM machine

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ydd Posted - May 15 2023 : 11:43:21 PM
VisualStudio 2022Preview can run on arm machine such as apple m1/m2 by Paralles. please conside to support.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
foxmuldr Posted - Jun 21 2023 : 3:34:15 PM
It would be nice to have an ARM version. I would actually pay for that.

If you're interested in doing something different with your parser to make it more generic, I'd be willing to help you with it free of charge and under NDA if required.
ydd Posted - Jun 15 2023 : 11:20:18 PM
hope this can be solved in near future.
feline Posted - Jun 05 2023 : 12:03:40 PM
Something tells me it won't be quite that simple, but we can hope
SvenR Posted - Jun 05 2023 : 09:15:54 AM
Your C++ code is already running on 64bit. Just create an ARM64 configuration (based on the x64 configuration) and hit the compile button. ;)
feline Posted - May 31 2023 : 09:46:07 AM
My understanding is that .NET extensions can be moved to ARM quite easily. Remember our C++ code has its roots in supporting VC6. Still, this is definitely something we are keeping an eye on, and there does seem to be a fair bit of interest in this, which is good to know.
SvenR Posted - May 31 2023 : 09:26:53 AM
I would also like to see an ARM64 version! It is the last AddIn that I am still missing for a productive use of VS 2022-ARM64.

quote:
Originally posted by feline

But since Visual Assist is written partly in C++ we cannot just recompile it for ARM, we have to rework parts of VA, so its not as simple as it might be.

C++ code can be compiled easily for ARM64, as long as you don't use assembler modules or external libraries for which you don't have the source code.
feline Posted - May 16 2023 : 06:34:51 AM
This is something we are looking into. But since Visual Assist is written partly in C++ we cannot just recompile it for ARM, we have to rework parts of VA, so its not as simple as it might be.

case=148242

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000