Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 dot in module names throws off VA parser

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
.oisyn Posted - Oct 25 2022 : 6:39:58 PM
In C++20's modules, you can use the dot in a module's name. It has no hierarchical significance whatsoever, it's just an allowed character. However, VA seems to break up these module names and make the individual parts accessible as symbols.

For instance, when you have a module called "foo.std" and you import it like so:
import foo.std;

VA subsequently colors all occurences of "std" using the color for variables, rather than the color for namespaces like it would normally do.

I would expect VA to parse module names as-is, but I'd be perfectly fine with an alternative solution where module names are skipped over altogether and not clutter the table of symbols at all, as they're essentially not even C++ symbols.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 15 2022 : 11:59:53 AM
Apologies for the slow reply, I am seeing some colouring problems with a dot in a module name, but not the follow on problems with "std" that you are describing. In the file where I am using my module with a dot in the name I have the following result:

this is VS2022, with VA 2463, and IDE intellisense disabled, so the pink underlining is coming from VA, which just confirms our parser isn't expecting a dot in the module name:

We are still working on C++20 module support, so I have added this to our modules case, since it is good to be aware of it:

case=95226

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000