Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 More Customizable Syntax Coloring

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darg Posted - Mar 22 2021 : 4:49:51 PM
Hi! I really miss the ability to be able to assign different colors to different variable types (such as member variables, local/global variables and function params)... Visual Studio itself lets me do it, but if I enable VAssistX Enhanced Syntax Coloring I can't do that anymore... which is kinda frustrating... is there any way to do that while keeping enhanced syntax on? (as I love having it enabled for colors in other panes and such). It would be even cooler if there was an option to change variable color based on certain variable declaration modifiers such as 'const'... I guess it's not possible atm, right? :/

Thank you!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
darg Posted - Mar 24 2021 : 09:16:02 AM
aaah yes, that was exactly what I needed, thanks a lot!! :D
feline Posted - Mar 24 2021 : 08:09:46 AM
Apologies, I didn't explain as clearly as I could have. Try setting:

VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Enable Enhanced Syntax Coloring = On

VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Apply coloring to -> Text Editors = Off
VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Apply coloring to -> Tooltips = On
VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Apply coloring to -> Listboxes = On
VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Apply coloring to -> Object Browser = On
VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Apply coloring to -> Views = On
VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Apply coloring to -> VA Navigation Bar = On

you can then change where VA applies its colouring if the results are not quite what you are looking for.
darg Posted - Mar 23 2021 : 09:49:58 AM
quote:
if you want some of both, you can always go to the VA options dialog, and set:

VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Apply coloring to

to apply colouring to everything except "Text Editors". This way you will get the IDE syntax highlighting in the editor, and VA everywhere else, which should help.

Hmmm unfortunately that doesn't seem to work... If I disable "Enable Enhanced Syntax Coloring" in the VA Options dialog, it just disables it from everywhere :( ... in fact it would be nice to be able to disable it only for the text editor window but keep it active for the other windows...

feline Posted - Mar 23 2021 : 06:40:16 AM
Unfortunately VA does not offer these extra colours, but if you want some of both, you can always go to the VA options dialog, and set:

VA Options -> Coloring and Attributes -> Apply coloring to

to apply colouring to everything except "Text Editors". This way you will get the IDE syntax highlighting in the editor, and VA everywhere else, which should help.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000