Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Registration period not extended automatically

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rpalma Posted - Jan 25 2021 : 10:18:52 AM
One more complaint about the impracticality of your registration process...
It seems that the registration period doesn't get updated automatically after an extension has been paid for.
Basically, the same registration information needs to be re-entered to accomplish this. This is not obvious when registration payments are being handled by a different department in an organisation.
In my case: it seems that an extension had already been arranged for in September 2020, but I only found this out today by requesting a new extension to the purchasing department in our company.

They then came back to me with this information you (Embarcadero, Idera, WholeTomato, ...) provided them with:

quote:
We do not send a new serial number for renewal, instead, the maintenance of the existing license is extended to cover the new term.

To update your license please do the following:
1. Close out Visual Studio
2. Delete this folder on your PC: C:\users\\AppData\Roaming\Embarcadero
3. Launch Visual Studio and re-register Visual Assist with the same serial number
In the event you need assistance with updating your licenses please contact our license team at [email protected]

A few steps too many, not obvious and too much hassle to reach a status quo if you ask me. At least an e-mail notification about the license renewal could have been sent to me from your part, as every user is now required to create an individual account to use this product.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000