Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA Find Reference Automatic Foreground colors bug

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DesertDragon Posted - Nov 08 2019 : 11:21:47 AM
To reproduce the bug, set foreground color of "VA Find Reference" and "VA Find Reference (Modified)" to Automatic:

Then close Visual Studio, reopen it, open Tools-Options and cancel it. And you will see how reference foreground color changes to black. If you change them back to automatic color, the bug will not be reproduced until the next restart of Visual Studio.
I observe this bug for several years in all the latest Visual Assist version and Visual Studios from 2012 to 2019.
It is still here.

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 09 2019 : 12:37:54 PM
What are you trying to do here? By default, with only a background colour set, VA will apply Find References highlighting to your symbols in the editor by changing the background colour, but not changing the foreground colour. So your current symbol colours will still be shown while highlighting references.

If you were setting the foreground colour to a specific colour then this would make sense, but what are you trying to achieve by setting it to Automatic rather than Default?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000