Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA suggestions doesn't have focus

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zivshek Posted - Jul 30 2019 : 11:04:39 PM
VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2333.0 built 2019.05.04

I've had this issue for a long time, and finally I would like to address it today.

As you could see in the gif, the inline keyword has focus, while unsigned doesn't, and VA asks me to use Down Arrow to select, which is so annoying. This actually happens in many builds, not just the one I'm using. I found a doc page (https://docs.wholetomato.com/?W350) saying there is a Registry entry that can force the autoselection to happen, but I couldn't find it (ListboxSelectionStyle). How can I possibly solve this, please and thank you, it's annoying as shit.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zivshek Posted - Jul 31 2019 : 10:28:04 PM
Thank you feline, it worked! I am so much more productive now.

quote:
Originally posted by feline

Apologies for the confusion. The registry value is not created by default, so if you want to set this setting you first need to create a new value of type REG_DWORD, and then set this to "2" to tell VA to always give suggestions focus, even when VA thinks you are creating a new variable name.

feline Posted - Jul 31 2019 : 07:25:17 AM
Apologies for the confusion. The registry value is not created by default, so if you want to set this setting you first need to create a new value of type REG_DWORD, and then set this to "2" to tell VA to always give suggestions focus, even when VA thinks you are creating a new variable name.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000