Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VAX is not compatible with VS2019 preview

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
z16166 Posted - Feb 28 2019 : 07:23:22 AM
I just update to the latest version of VS2019 preview today.

Now VS2019 preview keeps crashing until I disable VAX extension.

please add support for this version of VS2019 preview.

I can't use VS2017, because there is a bug in VS2017's rsync with remote Linux machine, so I have to use VS2019 preview to do remote Linux development.

Thank you.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Mar 01 2019 : 9:06:52 PM
Due to a change in the way extensions register commands, some VA features do not work in Preview 4 or the RC, but even then we did not see any crashes. We will have an update in the next week or so for Preview 4/RC. If you have any steps to repro a crash or are able to capture a crash dump, that would be appreciated.
feline Posted - Mar 01 2019 : 07:50:20 AM
When you have VA enabled, how often are you seeing these crashes?

Is there any pattern that you have seen to what triggers these crashes, and when they happen?

Would you be able to enable VA long enough to capture a mini dump of one of these crashes? This might help us to start finding out what is going wrong here.
z16166 Posted - Feb 28 2019 : 08:49:53 AM
VA 2318, VS2019 preview 4.0.

rsync and sftp are the two built-in file/folder synchonization methods supported by Visual Studio.
My source code is checkouted and edited in Windows, and synchronized to Linux automatically by Visual Studio.

There is a bug in Visual Studio, it always tells rsync to exclude ".git" directory, but that directory is needed by my CMake build script.
This bug is not fixed in VS2017 yet, but fixed in VS2019.

Currently I just disable VA to get it working.

Thanks.
feline Posted - Feb 28 2019 : 07:59:48 AM
Which version of the VS2019 preview are you using? Which version of VA are you using?

VA 2318 should work fairly well with VS2019 Preview 3.0, but I am seeing that VS2019 Preview 4.0 has only just been released, so we will need a few days to check for VA's compatibility with this new version.

We are working on improving support for VS2019, but currently the VS2019 IDE is not entirely stable its self, which is causing some problems with our internal testing.

For connecting to the remote Linux machines, I don't know about rsync, but is some other method of syncing the code available to you? How about some form of source control?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000