Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Small SVG Viewer enhancement

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Jan 18 2019 : 07:57:00 AM
The SVG viewer of Source Link works great :)
Still, I miss the option to determine the size of the window.

SVG graphics are vector based, hence can grow without loss.
And I am using a large screen. And I have large SVGs...

I suggest this size/zoom option to be added to the small dialog "File Viewer Plugin Configuration". This could be percentage of a default size, eg. 150%, 200%, 400%...

Or the SVG window could be resizable with the mouse (setting being persistent).
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 19 2019 : 07:27:35 AM
There seems to be some form of "default" size for SVG files. I hunted up a couple of random examples on line, and when opened in a browser they open to different, and sensible sizes, given the writing they contain.

I don't really know anything about the SVG format, but the behaviour says that there is some rule the browser is using for sizing. Either default dimensions for the image, or perhaps a recommended size for a component.
Adequat Posted - Jan 19 2019 : 07:24:46 AM
quote:
It actually makes sense for other picture formats as well, depending on how much detail there is in the image.

Non-vector formats have a specific pixel size embedded inside their header, hence if the space is sufficient to display the image on screen, so far so good. If the image is too large, it can be reduced by VA automatically, according to the available space.

But for vector graphics (SVG), this is another story, as there is no "best size".
feline Posted - Jan 18 2019 : 1:44:51 PM
This makes sense, I have put in a feature request for this:

case=135270

It actually makes sense for other picture formats as well, depending on how much detail there is in the image.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000