Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Build 2291: Does not detect FString::Len()

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zeblote Posted - Sep 25 2018 : 1:47:55 PM
Build 2291 does not seem to realize this is a method, or anything at all:

It does not get suggested in autocomplete:

Alt+g does not work:

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Oct 03 2018 : 6:50:51 PM
case=119590 is fixed in build 2291.5 -- thanks for reporting the problem, sorry for the trouble.
feline Posted - Oct 03 2018 : 2:29:56 PM
Finally got back to this one. It turns out that there are to many template parameters on this class for our parser to handle. Personally I would have thought over 40 template parameters was ample, but apparently not. I have put in a bug report for this:

case=119785

FString::Len is a "regression" in the latest version of VA. We have made changes to improve handling of attributes in code, but there is some #if #endif wrapped code in the FString class that is confusing this new handling, causing us to miss the Len function. We are working on a parser fix for this for the next build of VA.
Zeblote Posted - Sep 26 2018 : 2:34:56 PM
I just installed build 2283.2 again to see, and it does not detect TStaticBlendState either, which is weird. It's not that important for it to understand all the template arguments, but it's weird that it does not detect the class at all - alt+g on a TStaticBlendState usage simply does nothing.

FString::Len works with 2283.2 though.
feline Posted - Sep 26 2018 : 11:42:29 AM
Did this used to work correctly for you? I have just compared VA 2291 and VA 2283.2, and I am seeing the same mixed known and unknown behaviour in the list of items? I am not actually sure what is happening here, in the code, but VA has not just changed in how it handles it. But yes, VA is getting confused here, but then again, so am I.
Zeblote Posted - Sep 25 2018 : 7:59:22 PM
Another thing that somehow did not get detected:

feline Posted - Sep 25 2018 : 3:36:51 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=119590

It looks like we are missing quite a few functions. Looking for a temporary fix.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000