Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 More elements for enhanced syntax coloring

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SvenR Posted - Aug 17 2018 : 10:22:59 AM
Is it possible to add more elements to the VA's syntax color page? For example, I would like to display enumerations and macros in a slightly different color, but VA only have one color for both macros and enums.

The color settings in Visual Studio have a lot of different items for C++. Maybe you can use these colors for VA's enhanced syntax coloring?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Aug 28 2019 : 5:26:15 PM
Sorry to hear that. If you haven't already shared your thoughts with the team that is soliciting feedback, please do so at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZBQPJ2
SvenR Posted - Aug 27 2019 : 11:51:14 AM
Thank you for the implementation. Unfortunately, it comes too late for me. My maintenance expired in May and due to your new subscription policy I will not extend the maintenance any longer.
sean Posted - Jul 12 2019 : 3:12:50 PM
case=82485 is implemented in build 2341
https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W404#2341
feline Posted - Sep 05 2018 : 07:46:37 AM
This is an idea we are toying with, but are not yet sure of the best way of approaching. Colouring the return keyword is one approach:

case=29132
Adequat Posted - Sep 05 2018 : 02:00:46 AM
For code understanding, to prevent overlooking errors, a simple to identify reserved keyword that I would like a special color to be attributed to: return
feline Posted - Aug 22 2018 : 10:12:24 AM
It is a clear and simple rule, I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of this. Just don't be surprised if nothing happens very quickly, we are not rushing to add more colour groups at the moment:

case=118607
tony.riviere Posted - Aug 22 2018 : 05:00:46 AM
Can you detect if the type of a variable has at least one operator() whatever the parameters are?
feline Posted - Aug 20 2018 : 2:50:58 PM
I would have to look up Lambda's again to be sure, but I seem to remember that these come in named and unnamed varieties, and some of the examples I have seen are effectively "a function within a function", so not something with a name where we could highlight the name.

If we can define a sensible rule for grouping these things together I can put in a feature request, to see what our developers make of it.
tony.riviere Posted - Aug 20 2018 : 08:35:31 AM
In the same idea (I don't know if I should open a new topic for this): is it possible to distinguish function-like variables such as function pointer, std::function, lambdas, (... anything with operator())?
SvenR Posted - Aug 18 2018 : 03:44:14 AM
Thank you!
feline Posted - Aug 17 2018 : 11:34:58 AM
This is something we are looking to add:

case=82485

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000