Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Wildcard / Regex hiding of VA Hashtags

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stub Posted - Aug 08 2018 : 03:23:47 AM
We use VA Hashtags fairly widely here. Some common patterns have emerged with our developers, but they clutter the VA Hashtags view. I was just reading the latest release notes and the mention of "Rules for hiding VA Hashtags..." reminded me of something one of our guys here mentioned:

While we can hide a specific tag, he wondered about hiding tags that match a pattern e.g. #ABC* to match #ABC12345 and #ABC09876. Perhaps even regular expression support too, though wildcards would suit us well initially.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Aug 08 2018 : 1:15:25 PM
Also note that the hashtag toolwindow supports negative filtering. You could put -abc in the edit control at the top of the window. It is a static field whose content persists after restart.
feline Posted - Aug 08 2018 : 10:37:44 AM
This makes a lot of sense, and I have put in a feature request for this to see what our developers make of it:

case=118279

For now, are you aware that you can hide hashtags by file, directory and project? This offers another way of limiting the tags that are being shown, but I don't know how helpful this will be for you.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000