Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Gray Out Inactive Code

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matahari Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 03:34:18 AM
Hello,

I am an active UE4 C++ developer, and currently evaluating Visual Assist. I have to say that it looks very promising!

Due to ongoing/recurring serious problems with VS IntelliSense, I want to disable it completely and don't want to look back again. The problem is, as far as I know Visual Assist currently does NOT support graying out inactive macro code portions.

As I have noticed that there are a number of posts related to this issue, I really wonder if you have any plans for implementing graying out inactive code blocks?

Kind Regards,
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 15 2022 : 06:53:12 AM
Showing inactive code in a different colour is done by the IDE, and having VA installed won't have any effect on this. It does require IDE intellisense to be active. The normal way of disabling IDE intellisense is with:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> IntelliSense -> Disable IntelliSense = True

but there are a few other options around that one that can have a similar effect.
foo64 Posted - Dec 14 2022 : 12:53:17 PM
Has there been any update to this feature request? After installing VA, inactive code blocks suddenly came back to full color. Here are the Visual Studio settings for showing inactive code at 55% opacity, which isn't working.

Also, does it make a difference where a preprocessor macro is defined? A lot of our macros are defined in project files as opposed to directly in h/cpp files. In the case below, "#if 0" is still showing at full color, so even the most basic inactive code isn't being dimmed.

I'm confused if it's Visual Studio or Visual Assist that drives the coloring of inactive code. The settings are in Visual Studio, but VA is the one choosing font colors for various parts of files. Are they conflicting?

Does Intellisense have to be enabled in order for the "inactive code" dimming to work? If so, which setting(s) have to be enabled? There are lots of Intellisense settings.

accord Posted - Jul 30 2018 : 03:42:51 AM
We're considering doing this at some point:

case=110974

However, I don't know when or if it will ever be implemented. Visual Studio is already capable of doing this, so it would only be useful for a limited nr. of customers. Ones with very large codebases. But thank you for the feedback, I have added your voice to the case which helps us prioritising.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000