Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 SourceLinks: 2 possible actions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Apr 23 2018 : 06:25:00 AM
Given a link, I would like to have a command to "Edit" and another one to "Open".
Reasons: I have links to markdown files (for documentation purposes).
And I wish to use a different application to Edit the markdown file, and another one to visualize it.

Is there an existing solution, other than using 2 links, to do so? Else please consider adding it.

Alternatively, you could provide a universal command to open the file location in Windows file explorer. From there I could chose the Edit command.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - May 02 2018 : 5:05:15 PM
Point taken. Thanks for the links.
Adequat Posted - May 02 2018 : 3:57:17 PM
quote:
The main feature of the plugin is the quick info tooltip content

From my POV, the main feature is its context menu :)

For image preview, I use this great free addin:

ImageComments

quote:
have you tried the Markdown Editor plugin

Yes, I use it a bit when I have little to edit. Often I prefer to use typora when I have more documentation to write.
sean Posted - May 01 2018 : 5:10:19 PM
In build 2270, an excerpt of the raw source of a markdown file is displayed in the Source Links tooltip (case=115378).
sean Posted - Apr 30 2018 : 11:57:55 AM
The viewer is certainly non-standard. The main feature of the plugin is the quick info tooltip content. I've opened a request for standard VS toolwindow/document support. case=116182

That said, have you tried the Markdown Editor plugin?
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=MadsKristensen.MarkdownEditor

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like I would prefer to use that than the read-only file viewer plugin. I would still use the plugin to open the md file from a source link, but not rely on the viewer functionality for markdown.
Adequat Posted - Apr 29 2018 : 05:41:16 AM
quote:
The File Viewer plugin is very new.

It works very nicely for me, it's a nice addition! The only suggestion I can think of now is: rather than having the View window as modal, have it has modeless/dockable, with a quick way to update it (eg. control + click on the link).
sean Posted - Apr 25 2018 : 07:47:35 AM
The File Viewer plugin is very new. It wasn't even announced in the last release. Formal release and some fixes are coming in the next build of VA. Longer term, we hope to have it preview rendered markdown (case=114714).
Adequat Posted - Apr 25 2018 : 03:56:39 AM
I was using the default plugin. Your question make me realize that the plugin "File Viewer" answers all my needs, especially thanks to the custom keyword in the Configure dialog :)
sean Posted - Apr 24 2018 : 06:58:41 AM
Which plugin are you using to link to markdown files? Are they hosted files or local?
Adequat Posted - Apr 24 2018 : 03:17:20 AM
Yes, that would be an excellent and intuitive way!
sean Posted - Apr 23 2018 : 07:06:56 AM
Right-click to open context menu?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000