Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Add support for regex replace in VA snippet editor

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Martin Hohl Posted - Oct 13 2017 : 08:57:13 AM
Support for regex replace of selected text or other keyword items in VA snippet editor

Currently the VA editor seems to allow only replacement by keywords like $selected$, $SymbolName$ etc. At least until now I didn't find a way how to replace such items by regular expressions, e.g.

$RegexReplace$($selected$,"ECMASCript_RegexPattern","ReplacementText")

where "ECMASCript_RegexPattern" is a regular expression pattern fulfilling the standard as explained in http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/regex/ECMAScript/ and "ReplacementText" may contain text and references to match groups as explained in http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/regex/regex_replace/ for the 'fmt' parameter in a call like
std::regex_replace(orig_string,std::regex(regex_pattern,regex_constants::ECMAScript),fmt);

Please add support for regex replace of selected text or other keyword items in VA snippet editor, because it would allow extremly powerful customizable refactoring. (Of couse exceptions like regex_error in C++ should be caught and the message text coming from regex_error exception should be displayed, when user enters a defective regex pattern, in order to support correction of the pattern).

Regards,
Martin

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Oct 13 2017 : 9:11:33 PM
We are considering to implement something like this, at some point:

case=86348

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000