Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Auto-selection of symbol suggestions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
memecode Posted - Nov 28 2016 : 11:23:22 PM
I've recently done an upgrade from circa 2011 version of Visual Assist to a current build and I'm finding some problems. FYI I have installed Visual Assist on both vs2008 and vs2013.

The first issue is that when I'm typing a symbol, the suggestion is auto completed by default. This is usually NOT what I want, e.g.:

For instance in this case I want and type "Lock" but "LockFile" being the first suggest is auto-inserted. So for every variable I type something else that I don't want replaces it unless I hit "escape" after typing the symbol name.

I need this switched off asap. None of the settings in Visual Assist seem to control this behaviour. It may be the IDE itself... but I just want it to stop.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
memecode Posted - Nov 29 2016 : 3:20:35 PM
accord: should help a lot, thanks.

ChrisG: Yes "Lock" is a member function of a base class in that context.
ChrisG Posted - Nov 29 2016 : 11:23:55 AM
Is the symbol 'Lock' recognized?

If you fully type 'Lock' it should not overwrite with 'LockFile' as shown in my test screenshot.

accord Posted - Nov 29 2016 : 11:16:34 AM
For Visual Studio 2008, you need to disable this 2 Visual Assist settings:

For Visual Studio 2013, you need to disable the first VA setting and clear the content of the below Visual Studio editbox:

I hope this helps.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000