Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Goto member

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Sep 24 2014 : 02:57:13 AM
This function is great, but would be more useful is available from more contexts. Currently, the cursor has to be positioned on the class name for the shortcut to open the "goto member dialog".
But I suggest this to happen also:

1) if the cursor is placed anywhere in the scope of a class method. Let's say you are editing "MyClass::medhod() {...}
then if the cursor in inside the scope, the shortcut should open the dialog.

2) if the cursor is on any member of a given class, then the "goto member dialog" should open for the members of *this* class.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Nov 07 2014 : 09:58:15 AM
case=85238 is implemented in build 2052
Adequat Posted - Oct 02 2014 : 02:39:27 AM
I was not talking about "members of a member", that would be too much stuff. I was just talking about function members and data members, both should be included.
holedigger Posted - Sep 26 2014 : 1:37:02 PM
For 2, it is the distinction between seeing other members, or members-of-a-member. Both are useful, I suppose Goto Related could offer both, but the VAssistX.GotoMember command might need to choose just one.
Adequat Posted - Sep 25 2014 : 04:17:40 AM
1) Both are interesting. But if I had to choose only one, I would choose "Goto related".

2) I think it makes sense for both. The function and the data *are* members of the class (it could be a base class). Why making a restriction? The idea is to browse quickly in the class scope of a given member.
holedigger Posted - Sep 24 2014 : 6:29:40 PM
We are considering #1 (case=85238). Are you just interested in Goto Member, or all of the Goto Related menu?

For #2 (case=85135), I think this makes sense for member functions, but I'm not sure about member vars. For example:

class Foo { /*...members...*/ };
class Bar
{
  Foo mFoo;
  void Fn1(){}
  void Fn2()
  {
    Fn1(); // <--- if cursor is on Fn1, Goto Member shows other members of Bar, but...
    mFoo;  // <--- if cursor is on mFoo, should Goto Member show members of Foo or Bar?
  }
};

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000