Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Syntax Color Problems

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
redklyde Posted - Jun 30 2014 : 2:32:32 PM
Hello,

I have encountered a problem with the background color of text colored with VAX. I'm running VS 2012 Update 4 with VAX 2042 (latest of both as of this writing).

The problem is with background coloring. It appears that the background colors for classes, methods, etc. are not being properly defaulted. Or you could say they are incorrectly overriding the default.

I took a quick screenshot to illustrate:

I have a black background with "selected text" having a gray or silver background. The VAX Class color is Custom with a 'Default' background color. When I highlight code colored by VAX, it does not default to the 'selected text' background, but instead uses black.

A long while ago, I reported a similar issue with foreground colors on enums:

http://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10552

You can see the workaround was to set the foreground color to black (instead of default).

I tried this with the background color of these VAX colors, and it actually works! See here when I set the 'Class' background color to black and select the text:

However, the background color is now black when the current line is highlighted (not selected ... I set the highlight color background to purple so clearly show the problem):

Any idea how to get the background colors to correctly use the defaults?

Also, this may be a separate issue (and it may be VS's problem), but it seems every time I change any color options, I have to close and open VS twice to get them to stay. It's almost as if it has 2 sets of options and it alternates between them every time you open VS. I can set a color, close and open, it's reverted. Close and open again (no other changes) and the color is back. Close and open, and it's reverted again, and so on and so on. And some times I have a hard time getting the color options to stay permanently.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 01 2014 : 2:52:51 PM
Can you please look for the background colour of "Identifier", this also needs to have its background colour set correctly. If this does not fix the problem, can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
redklyde Posted - Jun 30 2014 : 3:22:47 PM
Update: I have been testing more, and it seems VS will not save the black background at all. Every time I close VS and reopen, the background color is reset to 'Default' instead of black. Changing it to black fixes it, but is reverted on close again.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000